Publication criteria of JPH:
1.The study presents the results of primary scientific research.
2. Results reported have not been published elsewhere.
3. The objectives of the study and the hypothesis grounding the research are clearly formulated in the Introduction.
4. Experiments, statistics, and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail.
5. Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data.
6. The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in standard English.
We are happy to publish all papers that are judged to be technically sound. Reviews are thus applied for readability, clarity, technical correctness, and appropriate scope and interpretation. We consider that judgements about the importance of a paper are made after publication by the readership who are the most qualified to determine what is of interest to them.
Added February 1st, 2017:
We believe at JPH that it is important to make our editorial process as transparent as possible. Therefore, for now on:
- we encourage referees to sign their reports, thereby disclosing their name to the authors at the end of the editorial process or from the beginning of the review process if the referee wishes so.
- we will publish all referees reports, author's responses to these reviews and the substantive part of the decision letters alongside published articles. Anonymity will be preserved according to referees' preferences.